Related products are a carousel of products related to the search request which are available to purchase.
Shoppers are presented with fast and valuable options with this SERP feature. To source the products, Google references listings from online retailers that use Google Merchant Center. Related products differ from popular products as they will not expand a side panel of shopping options when clicked on.
Here’s what related products look like on desktop results:
And on mobile results:
How to Rank for a Related Product
To maximize your chance of ranking for a related product, focus on the following:
- Use Google Merchant Center to upload your product feed
- Set product schema markup with structured data
- Use the required product attributes for your feed: id, title, description, link, image_link, price, brand, gtin, and availability
- Enable “free product listings” in the Merchant Center
- Incorporate keywords in your title
- Set product prices competitively to increase click-through rates
- Provide high-quality images (visuals are more highlighted by this feature)
How Semrush Collects Data About Related Products
- When we scan a keyword’s SERP, we identify whether or not a related product is present anywhere on the results page.
- If a related product is present on the SERP, you’ll see its gray icon in the SF column.
- Since we cannot currently collect URLs related to related products, we cannot say if a queried domain is featured and cannot save it as a position.