Please welcome the refined Keyword Gap tool. Remember, Keyword Gap allows you to compare keyword profiles of your domain and your top competitors’ domains side by side to discover which unique keywords you’re missing to catch up on and outrank other domains.
We have slightly changed the tool’s working principle, but we are sure that now it will only be more convenient for you — we’ve improved the look and feel of the report so that you can get to the most necessary keywords in just one click!
1. Enter up to 5 URLs/subdomains/subfolders
As you know, the tool could previously only compare entire domains, nothing more specific. Now when you get started, you can choose to compare specific URLs, subdomains, subfolders, or a combination.
This way, you can easily determine:
- Which keywords you missed for a specific article
- Which subdomains or subfolders on a site have insufficient content to rank well for keywords
As it was previously, you can still choose the types of keywords you compare for each domain: organic, paid, or PLA.
2. See the best growth points
The new Top Opportunities widget shows you the keywords you should pay attention to first. Depending on which types of keywords you compare, the results in the widget will be determined in different ways.
- Organic keyword profiles of different domains — to see the highest-volume keywords that your domain misses.
- Organic and paid results for your domain — to determine where you can save your advertising budget because you already have a high organic ranking.
- Organic and paid results for different domains — to see the keywords for which a competitor is trying to drag your traffic to their site, i.e. where your domain is in the Top 20, and a competitor launches ads.
3. Get instant visual SEO competitive analysis
The Keyword Overlap feature has been improved to create a better visual picture of your market position compared to competitors.
The overlap mechanisms will react to any applied filters. Moreover, If you click on the circles' intersection, you’ll get a table containing a list of keywords related to this section. Try it out!
4. Filter keywords by “Intersection type”
Everything that you used to do with the “Intersection type” filter is still available. Just select the domain that you want to analyze in “All keyword details for” and apply one of the filters:
Shared — keywords which each of the entered domains ranks for
Missing — keywords all competitor domains rank for in the Top 100, but yours doesn’t
Weak — keywords for which competitor domains have higher positions than your domain
Strong — keywords for which competitor domains have lower positions than your domain
Unique — keywords for which only the analyzed domain ranks
All keywords — a list of all keywords for which any of the entered domains rank for
You will get a list of keywords in seconds and then you can send them to the Keyword Manager.
5. Use the Positions Filter on top of the report
The Positions Filter lets you see all the keywords that any domain (marked as “You”) ranks for in the Top 3/20/50/Custom range of Google’s results.
You can use this to get the list keywords for which all your competitors are in the Top 3/20/50/Custom, but you’re not. Now you can quickly understand which keywords you need to create or optimize content for as a priority.
We hope you like the updated interface. Feel free to share your thoughts about and ideas on what else we can do to make your keyword research more effective! We look forward to hearing from you at
Compare keyword portfolios and find new opportunitiesGo to Keyword Gap