Popular products are a selection of products available to buy related to your search term. These are different from paid Google Shopping ads as they can provide more shopping options.
Shoppers are presented with fast and valuable options with this SERP feature. You can click on the image to open a side panel and view a list of shops that sell this product. Clicking on a store link takes the user directly to that product detail page on the retailer’s website where they can complete the purchase.
Here’s what popular products look like on desktop results:
And on mobile results:
How to Rank for a Popular Product
The popular products feature relies on the same tools used for paid shopping campaigns and rich results.
To maximize your chance of ranking for a popular product, focus on the following:
- Use Google Merchant Center to upload your product feed
- Set product schema markup with structured data
- Use the required product attributes for your feed: id, title, description, link, image_link, price, brand, gtin, and availability
- Enable “free product listings” in the Merchant Center
- Incorporate keywords in your title
- Set product prices competitively to increase click-through rates
- Provide high-quality images (visuals are more highlighted by this feature)
How Semrush Collects Data About Popular Products
- When we scan a keyword’s SERP, we identify whether or not a popular product is present anywhere on the results page.
- If a popular product is present on the SERP, you’ll see its gray icon in the SF column.
- Since we cannot currently collect URLs related to popular products, we cannot say if a queried domain is featured and cannot save it as a position.