Senior Manager of Accounting
WHO WE ARE
Semrush is a leading digital marketing toolkit for SEO, PPC, and content marketing professionals worldwide, with 7 million marketers who have already used Semrush to improve online marketing activities, monitor their website’s performance, as well as the competitor’s one.
With over 45 tools within the software and search data for 140 countries, Semrush provides solutions for in-house marketing teams and agencies working with clients in any industry.
Semrush is an absolute leader helping good marketers become great!
We are seeking a motivated candidate for a Senior Manager of Accounting role to drive the constant enhancement in Semrush’s finance function, processes, systems, and value creation to support and enable continued exemplary financial performance and operations.
The Senior Manager of Accounting will be responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all of Semrush’s accounting processes and internal reporting needs. This role will report to the VP of Accounting and interact regularly with external auditors and FP&A, with routine exposure to all other C-suite executives.
- Direct and manage the Company’s financial accounting activities in accordance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and best practices
- Oversee and ensure the financial close process and timeline sufficiently meets our external SEC filing timeline
- Drive and ensure timely reporting of our monthly and quarterly results and related variance analysis and presentations to senior management and the audit committee
- Be a key point of contact for the quarterly and annual external audit process
- Develop and implement effective systems, accounting policies and financial controls which maintain the integrity of all financial transactions and reporting of the Company
- Support the implementation and operationalization of new accounting standards and various complex business transactions
- Ensure the Company maintains regulatory and U.S. GAAP compliance with all corporate income, sales & property tax requirements
- Build, develop and manage a team of accounting professionals capable of driving successful business decisions
- Establish and maintain strong business partnerships with key counterparts including SEC Reporting, FP&A, Operations, International Finance, Treasury, Finance IT and key functional business owners
- Identify significant and unusual transactions and work with technical accounting team to ensure proper accounting treatment under US GAAP
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience including
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Experience working with multi-national companies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills with experience in working toward tight deadlines
- Experience with an IPO or transition of a company from private to public
- Big Four public accounting experience
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adept at handling change
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present in group meetings
- Proficiency in assigned areas including the accounting treatment of underlying transactions
- Understanding relevant technical accounting developments to perform accounting and disclosure assessments of related areas
- Forward-looking identification of potential issues and disclosure impacts when working with stakeholders
Medical, Dental and Vision Care
401(k) plan with Dollar for Dollar company match up to 3% and an additional 50% match on the next 2% you contribute- for a total of 4% company matching funds- EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTIONS ARE FULLY VESTED FROM DAY ONE!
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.